+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Amanda

FORT Newbie

Re: Amanda

I too like RiskMikey's behind the sceen insights, as long as they are not spoilerish.

FORT Fogey

This is the first time Ive been to this forum for this show and im suprised amanda is not more popular. She is absolutely gorgeous and to me its obvious he picked the right girl and as far as the editing goes, they seemed to edit Amanda well to me. Yes she seemed a little jealous and insecure but never came off negative or rude. She always came off like a good person just insecure which made her seem alot more real to me. Im 26 but I went into this show rooting for the older women just because I always root for what I perceive to be the underdog in any situation but after watching it for a while, it was clear that Amanda was the right girl for him (at least out of those choices). I like the older woman/younger man thing way more than I like the older man/younger woman thing but I dont really think Mark was the type of young guy that I could really see being with a woman 18 years older. He seemed like a little boy at times. Look at how he broke it off with all the women. He always used the same "its not gonna work out". He wasn't well spoken at all. Also if he was going into this to really find love (and not just to be on a reality show) and he really wants his own biological kids someday, I do think its smarter to pick a woman in her mid twenties over a woman thats pushin 50. How well you click matters but you also have to think of the long run and what your specific goals are and can that person really help benefit you in what your looking for longterm.
    Jessica

FORT Regular

To be fair, "It's not going to work out" was the catch phrase they came up with (or he came up with) to break the bad news. Just like "Will you accept this rose?" is scripted into every rose ceremony on the Bachelor. I didn't think he was particularly inarticulate.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81;2510057;
    im suprised amanda is not more popular. I do think its smarter to pick a woman in her mid twenties over a woman thats pushin 50.
    I just assume everyone of the contestants on these dating shows is an attention craving dysfunctional doofuss. I don't think Amanda was anymore or less dysfunctional than Jen or any of the other contestants. I think what you are observing is that some of the people watching the show either get emotionally involved, or have an agenda/vested interest in the outcome, and that those people that are emotionally involved or have agendas post disporpotionatelly when the show doesn't end like they would have liked.

FORT Regular

Hi Land Pirate I don't think I agree that all the contestants are "attention craving dysfunctional doofus... These ladies come on thinking ok dating show I can handel that and then oops 40vx20 then on top of that they have to deal with one guy with lots of women. I personally don't think they could have imagined how hard this might be.

I think the behavior on this show was MILD compared to some Bachelor shows. And there was so much splicing, exageration etc as always - so I don't see how anyone can judge what these people are really like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456