+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Amanda

Re: Amanda

Amanda has not been portrayed in a very nice way..however, I do believe she has supplied us with one of the best drinking games!

Everytime Amanda says.."I was a little jealous"...

DRINK!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2499579;
    I just think that Amanda is a horrible girl. She is nasty and negative and I do not see how any man could feel any attraction to her. Since they are portraying her in such a negative light if she wins, then Mark is going to come off as a complete bonehead.
    Mark IS a complete bonehead!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Regular

It's amazing what editing can do to your perception. I worked on the show and most of the women were so cool and nice. Amanda in particular never forgot to say thank you and please she was a pleasure it did not matter if it was a production assist. or a cameraman.... so was Megan.... Most of the women on the show were beautiful inside and out including Maria and Jen... Jen had her times don't get me wrong but that is just being female from what I have seen is she the little lovely everyone wants NO she is a normal female as is Amanda editing can be a bitch..... so we will see in the land of OZ who finds love and who does not because it was not a competition if you really look at the situation from the contestants point of view.

FORT Newbie

riskmikey, i have noticed that your posts here are mostly, if not all, favoring Amanda. It's also hard to understand your point with your rambling style (?) of writing. are you from U.S. or OZ?

cougar fan, riskmikey worked on the show and has given us "insider" info every week... so one would presume he's from the US.

I dont think he favours amanda - i just think because she has been so heavily criticised and he knows first hand that she's not a crazy stalker, he probably feels the need to defend her more.

Quote Originally Posted by riskmikey;2501202;
    It's amazing what editing can do to your perception. I worked on the show and most of the women were so cool and nice. Amanda in particular never forgot to say thank you and please she was a pleasure it did not matter if it was a production assist. or a cameraman.... so was Megan.... Most of the women on the show were beautiful inside and out including Maria and Jen... Jen had her times don't get me wrong but that is just being female from what I have seen is she the little lovely everyone wants NO she is a normal female as is Amanda editing can be a bitch..... so we will see in the land of OZ who finds love and who does not because it was not a competition if you really look at the situation from the contestants point of view.
    Thanks riskmikey. However the editing has not been kind and has really given Amanda a bad rap. If she is not as bad as she looks on the show, the producers are doing her a real disservice, especially if she is the woman Mark picks. Usually shows start to change the edit at some point if the winner starts looking pretty bad and I haven't seen or heard that yet. That is a major problem since there is only ep left and if all of a sudden in the final ep she comes off any differently it will ring false to the viewers.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by COUGAR FAN;2501709;
    riskmikey, i have noticed that your posts here are mostly, if not all, favoring Amanda. It's also hard to understand your point with your rambling style (?) of writing. are you from U.S. or OZ?
    I was trying to show how editing has not given us a true knowledge of the women. I did not think this favored Amanda per se just that she is not what they are showing. Sorry my point was not clear. The point is that not all is what has been shown. Not only of the women but of the time they spent with Mark. Mark saw these women daily for 30 days so it is not a normal dating situation. Sorry if somehow I have offended anyone by trying to show that a lot of these women were not what was shown. I have not only said Amanda was not what they showed, but neither was Mary the crybaby she was made out to be or Tessa, she was not the airhead stuck up blond we saw and Megan was not as ditzy as they show either. I will ramble no more

Riskmikey, you ramble all you want. I love your posts! You rock and have made this show so much fun to watch!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Don't hesitate to ramble, Riskmikey - your behind the scenes tidbits are fascinating ! I'm sure the editing is done for a reason - to keep people scratching their heads - what is going on here - does he care about one in particular - but how could he etc etc !

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Just a reminder not to post spoilers in the contestant threads.

Thanks.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast