+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Love: "Kittens" vs. "Cougars" *NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!!!*

Age of Love: "Kittens" vs. "Cougars" *NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!!!*

Saw a commercial for this tonight. It sounds howlingly bad.

Yes, I get the "message" aspect of this (that age shouldn't matter) but you could just SEE the cheese in the commercial.

Here's a link to NBC website for the show:
    NBC.com - Summer Fun on NBC

Here's the basic press release on this silly endevour:

NEWS TENNIS ACE TO TEST THE AGE OF LOVE Music, movie & Entertainment News

Aussie tennis ace MARK PHILIPPOUSIS is set to cash in on his reputation as an international playboy as the star of a new U.S. dating show.
    The sports hunk, who briefly dated singer Delta Goodrem and reportedly romanced Paris Hilton and Tara Reid, will be the object of affection in new show Age of Love.
    Philippousis will pick possible suitors from two dating groups, made up of 40-something and 20-something women.
    The 30-year-old star admits he's the perfect choice to romance the girls on the summer (07) show - because he never chooses girlfriends by their age.
    He says, "I just love a woman who loves to smile and laugh." The show debuts on 18 June (07).
    If you look around the web a bit, its apparent that this Tennis player, Mark Philippoussis, who is the show's Bachelor, er... or whatever we call him, already has a somewhat notorious romantic past, including rumors about uber-skanks Tara Reid and Paris Hilton, and somewhat less skanky fellow tennis player Anna Kournikova.

There's no evidence to suggest that he has, in fact, actually dated women of all ages before this. At least from the stuff about him already around the Net.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Re: Age of Love: "Kittens" vs. "Cougars"

"Mark Philippoussis"

But seriously, is this really his name? Or is his name McPhilippoussis, because he's better than McSteamy

I'm wondering though, why can't the person right in the middle of ditzy and botox be 'the one'. (enter Ginger).

I'm quite sure I'll watch it, if it doesn't conflict with my BB addiction.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Re: Age of Love: "Kittens" vs. "Cougars"

A few more tidbits I heard about this trainwreck.

When he first shows up, Mr. Tennispoussis doesn't know about "the twist".

The "Kittens" (their nickname for the 20s ladies) and the "Cougars" (their nickname for the 40s ladies) don't initially know about the other groups either--they think they are only competing against others from their own approximate age group.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA

Bachelor Knock-Off: Age of Love

Is anyone going to sleuth/watch this new show on NBC? It seems like a take-off of the Bachelor. NBC is doing what we've complained about on the FORT - providing older, more mature women. Is FORT covering this? It starts June 18th.

Re: Bachelor Knock-Off: Age of Love

Quote Originally Posted by satorus;2422063;
    Is anyone going to sleuth/watch this new show on NBC? It seems like a take-off of the Bachelor. NBC is doing what we've complained about on the FORT - providing older, more mature women. Is FORT covering this? It starts June 18th.
    I haven't heard anything about this. Do you know what day and time slot it will be on?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2422110;
    I haven't heard anything about this. Do you know what day and time slot it will be on?
    Mondays, 9PM, starting June 18th on NBC.

Quote Originally Posted by satorus;2422124;
    Mondays, 9PM, starting June 18th on NBC.
    Thanks, Is that Eastern?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2422126;
    Thanks, Is that Eastern?
    yes - probably Pacific also

Hey it coule be a good filler until the fall.....?

Hey Admin, what do you think?

Age of Love hits NBC in June

Posted May 11th 2007 4:01PM by Adam Finley
    Filed under: Other Reality Shows, Celebrities

Last month, Bob mentioned a new reality show for NBC called Age of Love. Now we have some information on the new series.

Age of Love, an 8 episode series, which premieres June 8 at 10:00 p.m., centers on Melbourne tennis champion Mark Philippoussis (age 31) as he's wooed by a group of thirteen special ladies. What Philippoussis doesn't know is that these women range in age from 21 to 48. Will he go for one of the younger gals, or will he become smitten by someone more mature?

To add a touch of misogyny to the whole shebang, the young women will be referred to as "Kittens" and the older women will be referred to as "Cougars." Do you hear that loud rushing sound? That's the sound of decades of feminine progress being flushed down the toilet.

Of course, these women chose to be on this show, but why not just take it that one extra step and have them all wrestle naked in a gigantic bowl of Jello and see who comes out the victor? I guess "Age of Love" just sounds better than "Primetime Catfight," though I would argue the latter is a more fitting title.

The preview video looks good!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I wonder how long before we hear the term Cat FIght! LOL
    Last edited by Wiccan; 05-28-2007 at 06:24 PM.
    Romantic Skeptic!

I wonder what defines a "kitten" and what defines a "cougar". If the cut age is something like 30--I may faint. Something tells me I may need smelling salts to follow me around with this show.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast