+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Age of Love: "Kittens" vs. "Cougars" *NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!!!*

Re: Age of Love: "Kittens" vs. "Cougars"

I'm starting to look forward to this, too-- looks interesting, and like it isn't taking itself too seriously. Good "junk food TV" fix.

I'm curious to see all the different ways they play up the age differences and all the comments by both the women and Philippousis. There is a large difference in age between me and my husband, with me at 27 and him at 54 a considerably larger gap than any possible result for this show. Thing is, it is something my husband and I don't really even think about, except when someone brings it up or assumes he is my dad (it is exasperated by the fact that people seem to take me for being in my teens sometimes). No real negative stigma from people, but there are comments and stares, and of course, the freak-out by my parents when I first started dating him. Age really is just a number (provided in the case of relationships that both parties are adults, of course) and is irrespective of maturity and something that holds too much weight in our society I feel, so I hope the show, even though it is just reality TV, tries to present things in a light that will edge people towards being more open-minded. I hope to see some of these women really defy the stereotypes.

Re: Age of Love: ***Spoilers and Speculation, including screencaps***

I've been watching for this show to be added to the line-up here at FORT! The show actually looks pretty silly, but I know reading all the commentary on here is guaranteed to give me some laugh-out-loud moments!

YESSSSS! I'm so happy to see this forum - didn't realize there was a thread under the Bachelor thread. This will definitely fill the gap until the season 11. From the looks of this, it will be fun to watch without any possibility in getting invested (yeah, right, easy to say now). I'm a sucker for an Aussie accent!

Not a single silicone-free chest in that picture. Except, perhaps, for Mark.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

Ooh, things are heating up around here, and I am more than ready for the show to start. Good work, y'all! Thanks for the picture, Cafegirl , but I couldn't help notice there seems to be a record-breaking number of silicone implants in that picture - at least 9 (although I'm willing to bet it's probably an even number).
    Last edited by roseskid; 06-05-2007 at 06:09 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2430982;
    Ooh, things are heating up around here, and I am more than ready for the show to start. Good work, y'all! Thanks for the picture, Cafegirl , but I couldn't help notice there seems to be a record-breaking number of silicone implants in that picture - at least 9 (although I'm willing to be it's probably an even number).
    Couldn't help but notice is right! Some of the women (especially the Cougars) must have their clothes specially made to their (ahem!) dimensions.

This indeed will be a true test of the ages for men ... a younger woman, or one with DDD's.

I guess big silicone implants were a basic requirement for the "cougars". If they can't bring youth and a low IQ, they can bring a big chest and a low IQ. Balances (bad choice of words) things out.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Count me in! I didn't know you had already started Should have known you had it figured out already Cafegirl!
    I want to too!

MsFroggy are you writing this one?
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2425905;
    Wiccan, in one article, it was implied that using the feline taglines for the women might help encourage 'cat fights'. (ya think??)
    Isn't the term "Cougar" for an older woman generally considered to be a bit insulting?
    Last edited by Krom; 06-05-2007 at 11:09 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread