+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Love: "Kittens" vs. "Cougars" *NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!!!*

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Re: Age of Love: "Kittens" vs. "Cougars"

Krom, thanks for starting this thread. I am totally going to enjoy this show from MsFroggy's Snark gallery and boy does it just scream with snark materila from the get-go. I so hope it has enough ratings to keep it alive through it's eight week run. Thanks, Wiccan for doing the reseach. When I heard about this show last week, I did some quick googling on Mr. Philippoussis. It's not going to shock too many people that one tennis publication has already speculated that Mark's somewhat 'waning' career, especially after his injury and his attempted comeback could be a big reason, he is doing this show. The article I read said that Mark tried to get into a preliminary Wimbleton club tournament, but wasn't invited. They speculated that Mark might be hoping for the show to stirl up publicity and that might get his name back into curcuit talks!! Now, are we shocked??? Wouldn't be the first time a Bachelor on any of these dating shows, used the position for a little media attention.
    Another article stated that he has a notorius history of dating much younger women (or should I say girls). Wiccan's article posted above, lists that his last girlfriend (and fiance) is a teenager! So, who here, thinks that those beautiful and fabulous 40 something " Cougars ( I almost spit out my drink the first time I heard the announcer call the 'older' women that! grrrr! ), will have about the same chance as I do making the cut at Wimbleton?? (Not likely!! ) It should be tons of fun to get some great laughs.
    I was thinking when I saw the previews, that if this were the Bachelor, we'd be tearing those preview caps apart looking for clues, here, but I can't stop laughing long enough to tape and replay them!
    I'm in this though, for a great summer passtime!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

FORT Regular

I normally don't like tennis but I would definitely watch one of his matches. He is very cute.

I always wonder why men cannot find the right woman. There are so many of women who are single and looking for a good guy. Who wouldn't want to date this hottie unless there is something wrong.

Well for one of our sleuthing pictures, I submit this....

... the finale set. Notice the Champaign in the cooler and missing glasses....Hmmmm? Maybe they are kissing under water somewhere... we know that has been done before! Maybe it's an athlete thing.

The Bachelor either didn't show until very late, or maybe not at all! One of the condo residents (not associated with the show) took the picture. Apparently some of them aren't too pleased with the film crew taking over their pool deck and keeping them from using their property. But don't feel too sorry for them... the Bach fees are going toward paying their HOA fees, and they agreed to it ... poor silly people. It must have been their first reality show!

I need a screencap thread.... Pleeeease?
    Last edited by Wiccan; 05-29-2007 at 01:30 PM.
    Romantic Skeptic!

Okay, I am in ~ not as a sleuther but to sit back and enjoy the snark.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Welcome BlondieGal!
    Romantic Skeptic!

Thank you, Wiccan. I have a feeling that this show will not result in a walk down the aisle. It will be nice to just sit back and enjoy a bachelor-type show.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Re: Bachelor Knock-Off: Age of Love

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl;2422851;
    Fear not, Ariel. This is right up Ms. Froggy's alley. Oh GAWD I can't wait for her commentary....

OK with Mark Consuelos hosting, I can't wait to hear Kelly's imitations of the girls either! Gonna be an interesting few weeks this summer. Dammit, this show better not interfere with my "real life" that I intend to have.....
    Thanks for the vote of confidence.

This thing looks really good. Unfortunately it seems the guy is pretty hot, and he's buddies with Gavin Rossdale, another hottie (or used to be last I saw of him back in his Bush days, not the president, the band... ). Since I'm predisposed to liking him, I may have difficulty kicking him around.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Well, here's his webpage and I'm connecting you to a blog section that gives updates about him. There are a lot of pictures also.

MARK PHILIPPOUSSIS.ORG

According to one update, this show was shot very recently. On the May 11th post, they had only filmed 3 episodes. I'm assuming it takes about sic weeks to film since it's billed as an 8 episode show. So, Mark would barely have time to finish filming and do promos, so getting ready for the the preliminary Wimbleton match. The last blog says he won't return to tennis until July............. should we speculate that his final 'woman' (kitten or cougar ) will be watching in the gallery??
    Last edited by cafegirl; 05-30-2007 at 01:13 AM.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Mark Philippoussis seeking love | The Daily Telegraph

This is from a link within his blog site. It adds some Producer comments.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

This show sounds delicious, and you can bet I'll be watching. Having Mark Consuelos host should be a hoot - I'm sure he'll do fine spouting the four or five phrases similar to Chris Harrison's, and he's got that heart-melting smile of his. *sigh*

Thanks for all the background info Wiccan, you're quite the dynamo. If there's any sleuthing to be done, I'm confident you, cafegirl, Blondie, Arielflies and others are up to the task.

I've got to say, there is no way in hell I could live on those upper floors, I don't care how ritzy they are. They look like they're precariously perched on that peach part of the building and I'd probably break out in a cold sweat on any of those floors, which might not make for much sex appeal I'm afraid.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread