+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Age of Love: "Kittens" vs. "Cougars" *NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!!!*

Re: Age of Love: "Kittens" vs. "Cougars" *NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!!!*

Quote Originally Posted by hayleysmommy;2441819;
    I just saw a preview for this show.. I told my husband "We are sooo watching this show!!" It looks like the ultimate trainwreck. I looked at the headshots of both the cougars and the kittens.. really bad headshots at that.

This show does really seem horrible.. pitting these women against each other based on age...but I have to watch.
    Exactly what happened in our house. Along with a great big side of cheese of course. Then we had quite the intellectual discussion about how much older a woman needs to be in order to be a true cougar.

You can watch the first episode online at NBC if you missed it. NBC.com > 24|7 Video > Rewind > Full Episodes > Age of Love

i got so excitied when i saw that on NBC.com... but of course i quickly discover it was for US viewers only.
    Last edited by flip_fan; 06-21-2007 at 09:03 PM.

Oh shoot flip_fan. I've encountered this with The Office as well. Often there will be a director's cut with additional minutes that is on the NBC site and our Canadian friends cant watch either. I'm sorry. Someone did post that NBC will be replaying the first episode on Monday night. And here is confirmation of that. Episode one will air at 8pm ET, episode two at 9 pm. Science of Love will air at 10 pm. NBC Universal Media Village
    Is it already airing in Australia?
    Last edited by pajamasam; 06-21-2007 at 09:37 PM.

no its not airing in australia at the moment... but ive forced myself to learn how to use bittorrent because some nice people uploaded the episode.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 07-08-2007 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2446475;
    I'm bored today and decided to read some posts made at various places about this show and one thing that is being commonly said is bothering me. Since when is 40 considered OLD. Seriously, people are posting things that makes one think that the so-called cougars are one foot in the grave already.
    Not only that, but the cougars are beind described as "old enough to be his mother." There are really only 2 of the women realistically old enough to have a 30-year-old son (and he sent one home the first week). The ones who are 39 to 42-ish are a bit young for that characterization.

Interesting that they didn't use a 35-year-old guy and have him choose between women (almost) old enought to be his mother and girls (almost) young enough to be his daughter. As I said before, for the most part he's choosing between his contemporaries and those who aren't.

Also most of the comments around the net seem to be focused on Mark and how he won't want an OLD woman. Yet not much (if anything) is being said where these mature and successful women may not want a spoiled womanizing brat.

*shrugs*
    Well, that's something I've noticed about just all the dating/mating shows. They seem to assume that all the women will want the "bachelor," all the guys will want the "bachelorette," etc. (Of course, what most of them probably want is their 15 minutes in the spotlight and maybe the chance to be flown to exotic places on dates for a while.)
    But, yeah, women in their 40s don't necessarily long to date 30-year-old guys, even if they can.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2447821;
    You can watch the first episode online at NBC if you missed it. NBC.com > 24|7 Video > Rewind > Full Episodes > Age of Love
    Thanks for the link - I wasn't able to watch it all last Monday night, but now I'm caught up.

I'm bored today and decided to read some posts made at various places about this show and one thing that is being commonly said is bothering me. Since when is 40 considered OLD. Seriously, people are posting things that makes one think that the so-called cougars are one foot in the grave already.
    Has anyone seen the MySpace pages for Jen and a couple other "cougars"? We are not talking about your parents' 40 year olds here.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 07-08-2007 at 03:21 PM.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Fan

Instead of Flip eliminating 1 cougar and 1 kitten every week, shouldn't they allow him to eliminate any one person of his choice from the entire group? Then, it would be interesting to see whether he picks a cougar or a kitten. But if he is asked to pick one from each group, how does age come into play?

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde;2458232;
    Instead of Flip eliminating 1 cougar and 1 kitten every week, shouldn't they allow him to eliminate any one person of his choice from the entire group? Then, it would be interesting to see whether he picks a cougar or a kitten. But if he is asked to pick one from each group, how does age come into play?
    I agree. It's not a fair "experiment" unless you allow him to keep who he wants. It would be interesting to see how many cougars he'd still have after this week.

+ Reply to Thread