+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Age of Love: "Kittens" vs. "Cougars" *NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!!!*

Re: Age of Love: "Kittens" vs. "Cougars" *NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!!!*

Our neighbor is a 35 year old bachelor and he doesn't discriminate because of age. He tells us his dating escpades and gives everyone a chance!! He recently told us he was at a restaurant and started talking with two women and found out the one he was most attracted too was the mom, and couldn't believe she was 50!!!! LOL

I don't know why but I find this concept degrading. Not because older women can't be sexy and attractive to younger men but in the end I think he'll pick one of the 20 somethings if for no other reason than the excuse he might want to have kids someday and some of the older women may not be interested in that any longer. I don't know, I just don't like this concept for a show.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2441536;
    I don't know why but I find this concept degrading. Not because older women can't be sexy and attractive to younger men but in the end I think he'll pick one of the 20 somethings if for no other reason than the excuse he might want to have kids someday and some of the older women may not be interested in that any longer. I don't know, I just don't like this concept for a show.
    I kind of agree with you. I've watched Mark on the tennis scene for years and I like his sense of humor that shows through in interviews. But the concept of this show gives me a bad feeling. I guess if this were a guy that said age doesn't matter I've dated all ages or if the women knew ahead of time that they would be pitted against 20 year olds, it would be easier to watch. But I'm having a hard time with the jokes about crows feet & sagging boobs from the 20's.

It just seems cruel some how. It's one thing to be competitive and make the usual "better watch out" type comments but to make derogatory remarks about someone's appearance, laugh and toast on it!? It kinda gives me a bad feeling. I hope that one scene in the yahooTV preview is the only conversation of this kind during the season. I'm watching the first episode with an open mind but not sure if this one is for me. I may be too faint of heart.
    Last edited by koolangel; 06-15-2007 at 11:18 AM.

I just saw a preview for this show.. I told my husband "We are sooo watching this show!!" It looks like the ultimate trainwreck. I looked at the headshots of both the cougars and the kittens.. really bad headshots at that.

This show does really seem horrible.. pitting these women against each other based on age...but I have to watch.
    "Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it!"

Lily Tomlin

I am going to watch it but I'm going to be prepared for the meanness quotient to be ramped up...I wonder if the cougars will band together like the guys on the later Average Joes did when the hunks appear or it will be a all out free for all. I'm expecting that the kittens who are shown making nasty remarks will hopefully also be the ones who are shown the elevator. I think it appears that the snarkiness could rival For Love or Money...now that was snark heaven!!!
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I am watching - for snark value alone ! As long as you don't have any expectation about a love story or everlasting romance - why not! I don't think the show was set up to find TRUE LOVE Mark didn't even know the premise of the show ahead of time - it cannot be a true love quest

So jump on and enjoy the ride ... I think everyone here knows the real deal and isn't too concerned about anything but a bit of exposure !
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Fogey

This show against "Hell's Kitchen"??

Not a chance.

FORT Newbie

I must have fast forwarded through a half a dozen commericals for this show while watching Golf today.

I am so looking forward to snarking this show. There hasn't been a snark worthy reality TV show on since Average Joe. And I anticipate a lot of similarities to Average Joe. He will be required to eliminate equal numbers of Kittens and Cougars so that they end up with one of each at the end, conflicts between the groups will be highlighted, there will be some twist with older/younger men, etc...

Seriously...does anyone think the guy is on this show because he can't meet the right woman? He's a rich, handsome, famous professional athlete, it is laughable to think that he is on this show for any other reason than to advance some acting/advertising carrer. Assuming for a moment that his agent isn't a complete moron, it would be in his best future carrer interest to pick the 40 something woman in the final. The Average Joe I woman, Melantona, was an aspiring actress until she broke the heart of America (Ok, only the 8 million people that were watching) and picked the Hunk/model at the end. He's a fool if he doesn't go the underdog route and pick the older woman.

In addition to the snark factor I think it will be nice to see a group of somewhat normal (they are on a Reality TV program so they can't be entirely normal) 40 something women on TV that haven't let themselves go.

FORT Regular

Hey has anyone seen the trailers on iVillage? There is a new one dating at 40..... Talk about good editing from the trailers I'm sure we have all seen the comment "when I'm 40 I hope I'm not still dating" from Amanda she was dressed in some t shirt with her hair back but when the clip finishes (I won't spoil it for those who have not seen it) she is dressed in a white shirt with her hair down and her make up done me thinks the networks is doing creative editing to ramp up the cat fights..... Lets watch and see can't wait until tomorrow.

yes i've seen them, and i was surprised by the comment... ok i sorta agree with her, but i'm sure there was a nicer way of putting it.

the whole catfight thing will either be a ratings success or disaster.. they have coped a flogging in some of the reviews. NBC are rather dumb with the PR... i think the concept is good, but the execution is very poor. I struggle typing "kittens" and "cougars".. they could've taken a classier approach to the scenario and not encouraged or highlighted women being "catty".

I think the first few eps will be bumpy and filled with catfights and stupidity, but hopefully things settle down and they are all able to respect eachother.

+ Reply to Thread