+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6/22 Show Discussion Thread *Spoilers*

Well, that was interesting. I notice he took my advice -- diet and exercise! Too bad I don't take my own advice.

Next week will be the guy going to live with Muslims, as a Muslim, for 30 days.

Wow, this episode was kind of scary. I'm glad the guy stopped taking the drugs, but I hope he keeps with a healthier diet and exercise. I'll certainly never take any athletic supplements ... those things are crazy!

I was afraid that this episode might be boring after last week's powerful premiere, but I was wrong. I was shocked at how quickly his body was negatively affected (kind of like Supersize Me). Many people engage in behaviors they know are unhealthy (eating bad stuff, taking diet pills, etc.) and probably kid themselves into thinking that it is okay as long as they don't do it too often or for too long. Look how quickly he went sterile! I'm glad that he eventually got back to normal, but geez that is scary.

Good health is a blessing and you shouldn't mess with it. I liked the older woman who Morgan raced against. She is right - there is no shortcut around eating right and exercising.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Dani Filth is My Hero undertakeress's Avatar
    The Muslim one I've been looking forward too...It will go across real well in this age of religious intolerance
    I <3 Cradle of Filth

damn wife

If it wasn't for his lame wife, he'd gone on with the "30 Days" and probably would have been happy. Atleast he wouldn't have gotten his NEW girlfriend pregnant.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Interesting show.

I was surprised he didn't go the full 30 days but having to listen to that wretch of a wife for another week was more than he could take. If he were single, I betcha he'd go the final week... or even if his wretch of a wife were out of town. I can't stand the kind of behavior she displayed... completely treated him as if he were one of her children. Yes, his decisions impact the whole family but I just wanted to scream at her "lay off him, will ya? sheesh!". I mean, when he was cardio-training with Heather and Timona was standing right there just yammering on about stuff that could have been discussed AFTER the workout :nono And he asked Heather not to speak to his wife that way? He shoulda asked Timona to zip her lip until after the workout and to leave if she couldn't.

When they were at the fertility clinic the second time and things went south, Timona was beyond ridiculous. Again, treating her husband as if he was one of her children. If you ask me, which you didn't, but I'm gonna tell ya anyway, Timona has some serious control issues. Didn't they say HE was the one who wanted another child? I thought his attitude about that was purely one of "hey, I'm manly, I'm so manly, let me prove how manly I am by getting my wife pregnant again like a manly man can" BLECH! If HE was the one wanting another child so badly, HE shoulda been the one freaking out at the fertility clinic... but no, it was Timona's freak out session all the way around

His goal was unrealistic from the start... at 34 and sedentary he wants to go back to the bod he had at the age of 17 when he was a competitive swimmer... all in 30 days. I got three lil letters for ya... G-F-L.

I predict this couple will end up on the reality show "Marriage 9-1-1"

I love Morgan Spurlock and am interested enough to watch anything he puts together.

As always... just my opinion

I did notice that the wife was a little pushy. It seems that the nice guys in the world always end up with really overbearing wives/girlfriends ... I wonder why that is, haha.

I didn't think his wife was that bad. They have three kids already and this program was really throwing their normal routine out of whack. They talked a number of times about how it was much more stressful it was than they thought it would be and I thought the psychiatrist had a really good point about the partner being defensive and even trying to sabotage when the other partner is trying to improve physically. My point is that I don't think the wife was normally the type to gripe/nag a lot, I think the whole situation was just getting to her. When they showed the couple before and after the program, they seemed like a very loving family.

FORT Fogey
    I did not see a problem with his wife at all. She was understandably shaken by the depth of this experiment and the threat to his health. I saw a concerned and caring woman. I would have been a bit testy myself under the same circumstances and control would have nothing to do with it.

Let's not forget this is edited for story line and drama, as well.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 06-23-2005 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    I did not see a problem with his wife at all. She was understandably shaken by the depth of this experiment and the threat to his health. And let's not forget that this is edited for drama. I saw a concerned and caring woman. I would have been a bit testy myself under the same circumstances and control would have nothing to do with it.
    I completely agree. Playing around with your liver is no laughing matter.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast