+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 30 Days Turns Into Super Size Hit For Fx

30 Days Turns Into Super Size Hit For Fx

June 17, 2005 -- '30 Days" took anything but that time to be come a hit for FX.

The new documentary show created by and starring "Super Size Me" maestro Morgan Spurlock notched about 1.7 million total viewers Wednesday night.

That was FX's best-ever ratings for an unscripted series.

"30 Days" clobbered other cable reality fare, such as TBS' "The Real Gilligan's Island," Bravo's "Sports Kids Moms and Dads" and A&E's "Airline."

On the show, people turn themselves into guinea pigs to explore various social issues.

Wednesday's episode had Spurlock and his fiancÚ, Alex Jamieson, leaving their celebrity lifestyle to live on minimum wage for 30 days in Columbus, Ohio.

They ended up spending the month in an ant-infested tenement while Spurlock tried his hand at back-breaking labor and Jamieson worked at a coffee shop. Both ended up in the hospital and in debt.

A future episode transplants a devout Christian into a Muslim home; a soccer mom becomes a binge drinker; and a former college athlete experiments with anabolic steroids.

Spurlock was nominated for an Oscar last year after his film "Super Size Me" changed the way people think about fast food.

In the movie, he subsisted on nothing but meals from McDonalds for 30 days and got fat, nearly destroyed his liver and actually became physically addicted to the greasy food.
    http://www.nypost.com/entertainment/48500.htm

That's great - I wonder how it will do for the rest of the season. I thought it was good, but hard to tell if stuff like that will take off as a weekly series.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

I'm happy to report that although my b/f hates reality tv (yes, I know and I still love him!), he sat through this one all the way through. I think it's a great show that will really take a good look at some important things that people face everyday. And they showed a lot of good information.

I've been gone and wasn't able to see this show. I look forward to watching tonight...it sounds like it's not the typically ridiculous show.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread