+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6/15 Show Discussion Thread * Spoilers*

6/15 Show Discussion Thread * Spoilers*

Please keep all discussion of tonight's show in this thread until at least 2am eastern. Thanks, and enjoy the show!
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

This show surely does not lend itself to snarking. Fascinating and depressing all at the same time. The ant invasion was strange. They claimed they were ants, but whatever that bug they showed was, an ant it was not! {so confused . . .}

This show is really good.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Made me feel really blessed! And as bummed and down as they were with their circumstances, they did know it was only for 30 days. How do people for whom this is ALL there is deal with it. For more in a similar vein, read "Nickled and Dimed: On Not Getting By in America" by Barbara Ehrenreich. Be frugal, borrow it from your library!

I thought the show was very well done. I only wished it was on a major network so it might get more exposure.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Since Spurlock is from West Virginia, Columbus must have felt somewhat familiar. I was making note of the names of the little joints and places they either went to apply at or eat, because Columbus is a short drive off and I just love places with flavor.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Dani Filth is My Hero undertakeress's Avatar
    Wow..this show was amazing. As someone who is working 2 jobs right now (one paying 9.00 an hour, the other 6.00 an hour) and a person with a Bachelors degree in criminal justice (of which there are no jobs, and my credit with a bankruptcy from medical bills hinders me) I can somewhat relate to this. I am fortunate (I say that with clinched teeth) that I am living with my mother, however I was on my own for 10 years before moving home. I cannot believe we can allow the minimum wage in this country to stay so low!
    I <3 Cradle of Filth

I loved it!
    I'll be watching this show all summer.

Wow, this show rocked me to the core. I figured it was just "another reality show" when I turned it on, but this was deep. I shed a few tears now and then realizing what so many families in this "rich" country go through on a daily basis. The hospital bills were the biggest outrage. A couple minor medical problems like what this couple had would set them back for months, and if something major happened, it could wipe them out. The program made me feel very, very lucky to have a good job with excellent medical coverage. I think this show should be required watching for everyone in America, particularly all our US senators and representatives. Shame on them for not raising the minimum wage since 1997! It's simply despicable. I agree that this should be on a major network as it is likely very few people will see it. I haven't been affected like this by anything I have read or seen on television in a LONG time.

Emily

I agree with the rest of you. This show was amazing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast