+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6/15 Show Discussion Thread * Spoilers*

I loved the show and have been thinking about it since I watched it. I even had my 12 year old watch it and we were able to discuss it. It was quite a wake up call to her, as well.
    A few things I would have liked to see though- like someone earlier said that they knew it was only 30 days- there was a light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak. It would have been better for them to do this for 3 months or so- or have someone else decide when to end the experiment.
    Also- what happened with the hospital bills? Did they have enough at the end of the month to pay them, or did they wait until they got back into their cushy lifestyle to settle the debt? That makes a huge difference because realistically people in that situation don't have anything to fall back on. That is why I think it should have gone on longer than 30 days.
    I give them both kudos for doing this and sticking it out and making it work.

Oh yeah- I was when Morgan was at the library finding fun and free things to do.
    Last edited by Sunnyone; 06-16-2005 at 02:48 PM.

I thought this was a great show. It really made me think about the people that do it every day with no "only seventeen more days to go" to get them through it, the ones with kids and no end in sight. Next week's episode looks just as good.

And on the flip side, I was right there with you, sunnyone, on the laughing hysterically at the free events in your town..."winter advisory for bank tours: please remove your ski mask first"

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632

And on the flip side, I was right there with you, sunnyone, on the laughing hysterically at the free events in your town..."winter advisory for bank tours: please remove your ski mask first"
    I was also cracking up at the people next to him who were looking at him like he was crazy.

HA! me too! I totally expected the guy right next to him (in the blue shirt) to say "hey, I'm doing that next!" and completely mean it!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    This was a great show. Morgan Spurlock is funny, likeable, and not at all annoying about his social conscious raising-- (i.e. Michael Moore anyone? :rolleyes). With the level of vainness and superficiality at an all time high these days, 30 days is like a breath of fresh air.

Loved the show and now I extremely can't wait to see "Supersize Me".

One thing that I found interesting from the F/X site is that it's not Morgan who is put in different scenerios every episode........it's different people going through the experience while he documents it. From the previews of the show, it made it sound like he was the one that would do the different things.

Quote Originally Posted by PPerez
    Loved the show and now I extremely can't wait to see "Supersize Me".

One thing that I found interesting from the F/X site is that it's not Morgan who is put in different scenerios every episode........it's different people going through the experience while he documents it. From the previews of the show, it made it sound like he was the one that would do the different things.

Yes, I had the same impression as you did Next week doesn't look like the same theme either- (getting out of your comfort zone), but it still looks good. Supersize Me was great- Along the same lines as 30 days with the documentary type stuff. My daughter will not eat McDonalds since we watched the show- which was months ago. (and i will admit- I haven't eaten it much either...)

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632
    You know, with all the terrorism and threats and heightened security as of late, I think if you called the bank and asked for a tour you'd probably be put on a list of suspected terrorists to watch.

Lurky McLurkington
    In the glittery & glamorous city of Chicago
    I looooooved this show as well. I too saw Supersize me and I didn't eat McDonalds for 8 months after that. I eat is occasionally now, but not as often as I once did. I also agree that this show touched my heart, but it didn't have the same impact as a true documentary because they knew they would only be in that situation for 30 days. I loved when Morgan's girlfriend got into it with him over $1.20 worth of buns. Those poor kids were so weirded out by their fighting. ANyways....good show.

I really wanted to see this show, but I couldn't find a Canadian channel airing it.
    I'm hopeful one of them will pick it up in the next few weeks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast