+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 11/22 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I was suprised to see how well her family took the news that it was all a hoax. They all looked fairly happy with what they got in prizes though.

The family took the hoax so much better than what I expected. Either they are really nice people, or just good actors. I want to believe they are good people.

I cried just a little in the end. What can I say? I'm a sucker for sappy endings.

Although, I had to go "hmmm..." when Chrissy said she had a lot of fun the whole week. How could that be when she was insulting and belittling her family.

My husband, who didn't know anything about the show until tonight, burst out laughing when they announced the prize package was "just under $400,000." Hubby was like, "So what is it, $385,567? Round up, for the love!" All in all, a rather bathetic ending. *makes wah wah waaah loser sound on trombone*

I kept thinking, maybe the final twist is they'll actually give the family 25 million! My husband said, "Are you kidding me, it's NBC." He was right.

Anyway, I actually liked Chrissy better by the end. And I thought the Dad was super-nice. I did not like the mom though, what a hag, grabbing that check away.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

FORT Fan
    Question: During the end credits something flashed by really quickly that I could not read. It was about the Lexus that Chrissy received. I think it said that she only got a LEASE meaning she doesn't get to keep it forever. Does someone have a tape? Can they confirm or deny this?

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar
    I had been reading Phat's recaps because I thought this show was like a train wreck,...BUT I actually watched it last night. I was uplifted by everyone coming together at the end in a big love fest. I couldn't believe the girlfriend calling Chrissy a beotch, but I can certainly understand her personal feelings. I thought it was great that the dad got the $200k, but just knew the mom was going to decide where to spend it. Looking forward to reading great things from Phat.

Although it's probably redundant, because the parents really BOTH got the cheque (check) .... they announced that DAD gets $200K, but MOM was left out.

All in all, I'm glad they didn't stretch it out over any more episodes. Watching people bickering about their loved one and rewarding lies and insults .... what sort of message does the show REALLY leave in it's wake. Sure, they try to rationalize it with a sappy over-explanation about how family is more important than money ... but it seemed to be that the money was actually causing damage to the family bonds.

I'm glad it's over, and I'm glad it didn't turn out as badly as I was preparing myself for.

I don't know where they find the "host" of the show, but I could just imagine Ed MacMahon standing there at the end thinking to himself "I can't believe I went from nightly appearances with Johnny Carson and the best of show business to standing here uncomfortably listening to this moron (the host) explaining why it was so good to lie to and insult your family!!"

Quote Originally Posted by norm
    Question: During the end credits something flashed by really quickly that I could not read. It was about the Lexus that Chrissy received. I think it said that she only got a LEASE meaning she doesn't get to keep it forever. Does someone have a tape? Can they confirm or deny this?
    Yes!! I saw that too! What a rip off!
    It said that Lexus furnished a 3month lease. What a joke.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    IMO, the family had to of known they were on this show. I mean..reallyyy. ESPECIALLY when I saw the wheel, I thought, "Ohhh pahLEASE!" What family in their right mind would, in this day & age, believe this Wheel 'O Millions?!!?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

That was such an anti-climax.

This wasn't a bad idea for a television show, however, the execution was terrible.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    Although it's probably redundant, because the parents really BOTH got the cheque (check) .... they announced that DAD gets $200K, but MOM was left out.
    Mom got a new kitchen. I think her gift was the first one mentioned.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast