+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 25 Million Dollar Hoax

25 Million Dollar Hoax

Stepping into "LAX's" Monday 10 p.m. slot is "Hoax," a three-episode prank showcase in which a fake lottery winner sets out to deceive family and friends. "Hoax," which begins Nov. 8, will be hosted by Ed McMahon and George Gray ("The Weakest Link"). It is based on a British format.

I can't find a thread already on this but I just HAVE to comment. There is not an amount of money anyone could pay me to tell my family I just won 25 million dollars and then have it be a prank. How is this funny? How is this entertaining?

NBC just keeps sinking deeper and deeper in my book. I'm all about reality but hurting your family like this really is a new low.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I saw the previews on this, and it looks hilarious.

She "wins" $25 Million, and has to spend it ALL on herself only, and if she does, her family wins around half a million dollars. But in the process, her family and friends are all getting peeved at her.

She has to spend the whole kit and caboodle?????

Will she have to give it all back, or... is it all *fake* spending? (Yes, now that I type this I realize it has to be fake spending, but....)?????
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

It looks promising, I will definetly check this one out!

I didn't see where she had to spend it all, but I did see something that alluded to the fact that she had to be "selfish" about winning.

My family would literally disown me if I "won" this money and didn't give them a dime. I've never been into this kind of humor but I'm sure my husband will find this priceless.

I guess I just don't see how this is funny? Is it funny seeing her family get really ticked? Or is the funny in seeing her spend all this money and make a fool of herself? Honestly, maybe I'm just not getting the right perspective.

no comprende....
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Maybe its for people to live through someone else who becomes 'instantly wealthy' and see how it changes the people around you.

I have always been curious about that, if I would ever win the lotto.

looks a little lame

if that was my family though, i think they would suspect something was up if i didn't even buy them a gift

though my cousin didn't get her sister much after my cousin won 80 grand in a law suit from her car accident, she got her sister a coat LOL

25 Million Dollar Hoax??

oops.. just noticed this was on a thread.. please move. thx
    I saw the previews for this show last night and this is one I just don't really think I'm up for. Playing a little prank or 'punking' somebody.. even letting a family think their daughter is marrying a total loser is one thing but letting a family believe that all their dreams have come true and then telling them it was just a big hoax at their expense for a tv show is another.. I think it is a bit too 'low' to keep me watching, and I'm a big FORT 2.. but not feeling this one.. IMO
    Last edited by Madison1995; 10-27-2004 at 01:39 PM.

Agreed. The concept seems more cruel than funny.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I know I'll have to watch an episode or two just out of curiosity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast