+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 25 Million Dollar Hoax

Without having seen the show, I'm not ready to condemn Christy (or anyone in her family) for her participation in this scheme. We're working from the assumption that when someone comes by a large windfall their loved ones should benefit, as well. And while that may be true for my family and loved ones if I won a grand sum of money, no one should expect to wet his or her beak simply because a relative struck it rich.

In fact, I read a study that of the lottery winners who report they're even unhappier after winning a lottery, a large majority are unhappy because their families won't stop pestering them for money.

I'll try to find that article again, but for more information about lottery winners and their lives, see this. You may be surprised by what you read.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Seems cruel and totally unusual punishment for the family and the girl, I remember how upset and mad the family from My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance were even after they found out they won money, it's ridiculous to me to do that. Sorry, it doesn't look good or promising or funny or entertaining or any of the above at all.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

I think the show seems cruel. Just from watching previews. There was one where she said something to the effect of "you don't deserve anything". There is no way I could do a show like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fan
    I don't know - this just doesn't seem too appealing to watch - think the networks are really 'stretching' it to come up with anything resembling reality lately

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna
    Seems cruel and totally unusual punishment for the family and the girl, I remember how upset and mad the family from My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance were even after they found out they won money, it's ridiculous to me to do that. Sorry, it doesn't look good or promising or funny or entertaining or any of the above at all.
    I agree this show looks cruel. In fact it came on about 50 min. ago and i quickly turned it off. Stuff like this, and hidden camera shows really mess with me anymore. I feel too bad for the people getting set up.

Robbie

I would not do this to my family. Thank God it is her and not me ~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12