+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5/25 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

5/25 Show Discussion *spoilers*

Please discuss the show in this thread! Thanks!
    Wake up and be awesome

Re: 5/25 Show Discussion *spoilers*

This teen mom's mother was the most selfish, cruel, out of touch mother I have ever seen. What in the world was wrong with her. It was as if she stayed up all night thinking of ways to sabatoge her daughter. My goodness. I hope after the show aired, some family or friends got on her case. How pathetic. I wonder why she stopped being a good mom. Hmmmmm....let's see. I can think of a couple of reasons. I don't know the woman so I won't post them here, but something is really missing in her thinking.

That baby was a couple of months old and the grandma had not purchased anything for him? That blows my mind. When there is a baby in your life that you love, you figure a way to get some kind of item for him. Even if you have to go to a thrift store or the Dollar Tree. That is too mean. What's wrong with her?

I'm rooting for those teen parents. They have a rough road ahead.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    This teen mom's mother was the most selfish, cruel, out of touch mother I have ever seen. What in the world was wrong with her. It was as if she stayed up all night thinking of ways to sabatoge her daughter. My goodness. I hope after the show aired, some family or friends got on her case. How pathetic. I wonder why she stopped being a good mom. Hmmmmm....let's see. I can think of a couple of reasons. I don't know the woman so I won't post them here, but something is really missing in her thinking.

That baby was a couple of months old and the grandma had not purchased anything for him? That blows my mind. When there is a baby in your life that you love, you figure a way to get some kind of item for him. Even if you have to go to a thrift store or the Dollar Tree. That is too mean. What's wrong with her?

I'm rooting for those teen parents. They have a rough road ahead.
    ITA, Debb. Just ridiculous. That poor excuse for a mother should be so ashamed of herself after this aired to the world. Offering to go on a diet with your anorexic daugher, OMG!!! Not to mention the flat out neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantasue1 View Post
    ITA, Debb. Just ridiculous. That poor excuse for a mother should be so ashamed of herself after this aired to the world. Offering to go on a diet with your anorexic daugher, OMG!!! Not to mention the flat out neglect.
    I really wonder if the daughter's story about how she used to be a good mom and how she was so close before is true. There are only a couple of things that turn a person from really good to really bad so quickly. You know what I'm talking about. I doubt she was ever a good mom. She seemed to be so clueless as to how to show any love or concern.

IMO it seemed like she was jealous of her daughter. When someone is toxic like that, the best thing is to get away from them and save yourself from misery. People who hurt you on purpose, like her mom did, can do you no good in life. Sad, but true.

While watching it, I wondered how Janelle would have done with a mom like that? No help at all, just handle the baby yourself and meet your owns needs too, plus pay or get out. Sad, but I can see Janelle parenting that way.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-25-2011 at 03:21 PM.

i'm not even sure what to say abt that episode other than it was disturbing.

this girl really scared me..I was sooooooo worried about her eating..glad the baby weighed 8lbs..the baby got what all he needed I hope....her mom is wayyyyyyyy too concerned with either keeping or keeping up with her little boy toy that looks to be about 10 to 15 years younger than her
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

This episode was very disturbing. There was something off about the mother. She didn't seem all there, there was a blank look in her eyes. Maybe she was having problems herself. Maybe she was with the boyfriend so much because that was her way of escaping the problems with the daughter. Whatever was going on I hope this couple makes it. This was one of the few baby daddy's who seemed supportive and cared.

FORT Fogey

I'm watching the second broadcast as I write this. I agree that something is definitely off about that mother. I couldn't believe that she didn't get up when her daughter was complaining about contractions and worrying about whether her water had broken. My mother was sooooo different. I remember I once mentioned to her that my throat was bothering me, and the next thing I knew she was in the kitchen making chicken soup--and not from a can either. From scratch. True, I had to be running a fever or throwing up to miss school, but if I really didn't feel good, she was all about doing whatever she thought might make me feel better. And she really, really was big on making sure you got three squares a day. Nothing would have upset her more than anorexia (not that I ever was anorexic, but if I skipped a meal, she got upset, so anorexia would have really thrown her for a loop).

I agree that this baby daddy seems a lot more decent and involved than most, and her friends are very supportive. I couldn't believe neither the young woman nor the baby's father seemed to know much at all about labor. Considering that she was seeing a doctor and a nutritionist, wasn't anybody suggesting a lamaze class or a parenting class?

I find it very worrisome that she still seems very much in the midst of her disorder too. Even when she does eat, it really doesn't seem like she's eating well.

I just got to the point where the mom asks for $300 rent a month for a room in the house? Please. That's ridiculous, particularly since he's helping take care of the baby so her daughter can get her diploma. I could see asking them to chip in what they could, whether in terms of cash or help with things around the house, but just saying $300 a month or he has to leave is so unfair.

I think grandma wanted them to leave. Did you see how she jumped on it when the girl said she might have to move out? She probably wanted her to leave so she could move in with her boyfriend and let the place go. That grandma is up to no good.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think grandma wanted them to leave. Did you see how she jumped on it when the girl said she might have to move out? She probably wanted her to leave so she could move in with her boyfriend and let the place go. That grandma is up to no good.

I've ended up seeing this episode in bits and pieces, so I'm not sure about this, but did we ever see the mom's boyfriend? His utter absence and the mom's weird attitude makes me wonder if there's something going on there. If the mom was really, as her daughter attests, a decent mother in the past, perhaps the change in attitude has something to do with the new boyfriend. Her strangely flat affect about almost everything and her lack of interest in her daughter and grandson seems to indicate that something unhealthy is going on and her daughter said it started with her mother's fixation on the new boyfriend.

It's really a shame that she came down on her grandson's father, insisting he pay $300 for just a room in the house, especially since had already given up college, moved back to be with his child and girlfriend, and taken a part time job so they'd have some money coming in while she finished school--not to mention saving them a bundle on childcare by working his schedule around hers, so he could take care of Preston while she was in school. He's showing a lot of responsibility and maturity compared to most of the baby daddies on the show, and she treated him like a total freeloader.

Her suggestion that she and her daughter go on a diet together was equally appalling, especially since she could have done something positive instead. For instance, her daughter seems to miss the physical activity she had in gymnastics. She could have just said that once the weather got better, she was thinking she'd like to start getting a little more exercise, and would her daughter like to have dinner and go for a walk afterwards a couple of times a week? They could even take the baby with them. I bet she would have jumped at an offer like that, and it would have been good for all the way around for all of them--they could have a healthy (not diet--healthy, as in balanced) meal and some moderate exercise that would allow them to talk etc. as well.

What really made me sad, though, is that the young mother seemed so terribly depressed at the end of the episode, as if she simply wasn't getting any joy out of any part of her life, not even the baby. I'm not suggesting that she's a bad or incompetent mother. She and her boyfriend seemed to be handling things pretty well, considering. But it was like she had nothing left that gave her a feeling of accomplishment or happiness, as if her life were pretty much over at 18. That's worrisome for everyone involved, including her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast