+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5/3 show discussion Jamie **SPOILERS**

5/3 show discussion Jamie **SPOILERS**

A straight-A student gets pregnant and tries to mold her irresponsible boyfriend into the doting father she never had

1st lesson sweetie...you can never change someone of the male gender you will just drive yourself crazy doing it..you either accept them the way they are or send them on their way

as usual I will catch up at 11:30 gotta watch body of proof first..lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/3 show discussion Jamie **SPOILERS**

I'm watching the late night repeat right now. Does Jamie's father remind anyone of someone? I can't figure out who it is, but I swear he reminds me of an older, heavier version of some movie or television star. I just can't figure out who it is.

As for yet another apparently reasonably smart young woman getting pregnant by yet another loser boyfriend....honestly, is no one telling these girls that if you have a choice of throwing your away your time (and possibly radically changing your future) on a guy who isn't worth that time (or future) or not having a boyfriend, the latter is the better choice? It's like they think any guy is better than no guy, and that really, really, REALLY isn't true.

I loved the response one young woman in her early twenties, whom I knew slightly, had when someone asked her if she weren't worried about being alone. She said, "Why? Am I such terrible company that it would be better for me to spend time with anyone else, no matter what he was like, than spend time on my own?" She was in grad school at the time, had plenty of friends, was definitely plenty busy, but somehow her life was supposed to be an empty void if she didn't happen to have a boyfriend at the time. And good heavens, just because you're alone at 21 doesn't mean you're going to be alone for the rest of your life (and frankly, better to be alone than to be with someone who's utterly worthless and makes you feel like crap, as some of the guys on this show seem to do).

Personally, I've always believed that it may not be your choice to be alone, but it is always your choice to be desperate--and you're far better off not choosing to be desperate.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Personally, I've always believed that it may not be your choice to be alone, but it is always your choice to be desperate--and you're far better off not choosing to be desperate.
    AMEN!

Maybe some of these public schools sould do what my Catholic school did-show a video of a birth from the doctor's point of view in Health class. Scared me and pretty much everyone in the class away from EVER wanting to have sex if that was the result, lol. Got over that, but I still have that image burned in my brain....and I'm still incredibly cautious that I'm not going to be in that position till I'm absolutely ready.

Is it wrong for me to say that it kinda disappoints me more when the 'smart ones' get knocked up? You'd think that a straight-a student would understand everything she would have to give up and insist on a condom.

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    AMEN!

Maybe some of these public schools sould do what my Catholic school did-show a video of a birth from the doctor's point of view in Health class. Scared me and pretty much everyone in the class away from EVER wanting to have sex if that was the result, lol. Got over that, but I still have that image burned in my brain....and I'm still incredibly cautious that I'm not going to be in that position till I'm absolutely ready.

Is it wrong for me to say that it kinda disappoints me more when the 'smart ones' get knocked up? You'd think that a straight-a student would understand everything she would have to give up and insist on a condom.
    well she did show a lot of smarts in dealing with the boyfriend..unlike some of the girls that take the guys back time after time..she made it clear she wasn't putting up with his crap and that was the end of it..good for her

I couldn't believe he kept asking to take the baby..yes he is the father and he should be allowed to see his child..but she is wayyyyyy too young to be taken away from her mother especially since she is breast feeding...I thought his tears were fake and what popped into my head and I could be wrong but i don't think so was that he only wanted to take the baby so he could show off to his new girlfriend and play daddy trying to impress her

I know what you mean about the smart ones getting pregnant. Book smart but no common sense maybe? At least Jamie seemed to be a good and responsible mother and she's very lucky her high school had free daycare so she didn't have to drop out or struggle to get her GED like we've seen some of these other girls do.
    As far as the baby daddy; it's too bad her birthing experience was ruined by her upset that he wasn't there. And I think he should be able to see his baby, but at her house, not at his house alone. A 17 year old boy is not going to be responsible especially if he was already drinking and driving crazy.
    And I wondered about the birth certificate. They said his name was not on it and he had no legal rights. Does that mean he doesn't have to pay child support?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    AMEN!

You know, sometimes I think health classes spend way too much time talking about the mechanics of sex and not nearly enough about the emotions of relationships and what the danger signs are of someone who really isn't treating you like he/she cares about you. Teenagers of both genders, though young women in particular, seem far too ready to "settle" and take all kinds of things they shouldn't, including emotional and physical abuse, in order to be in a relationship. That's just dangerous for everyone involved, especially any babies that result from such relationships.

I didn't see all of last week's episode, but I couldn't believe that joke of a baby daddy told that poor young woman pregnant with twins that it wasn't that he couldn't afford condoms but that it was "embarrassing" to buy them. She responded that it was "embarrassing" to walk around with a big belly too. I wouldn't have been that calm myself. But then again, if some guy had told me he couldn't afford a condom, then I would have told him I couldn't "afford" to have sex with him, because STDs and pregnancies are far more costly than condoms.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well she did show a lot of smarts in dealing with the boyfriend..unlike some of the girls that take the guys back time after time..she made it clear she wasn't putting up with his crap and that was the end of it..good for her
    I agree. I'm glad that she didn't break down and kept telling him that he was not taking her home by himself. He hasn't proven to be responsible enough to do that, especially since he almost missed his own daughter's birth because he was getting drunk. That really irked me. I wouldn't have let him in the room if he showed up like that.

She is SO lucky that the school had daycare. I wish there were more free daycares for girls in public highschools. Maybe it would help some of them finish their education. When the show ended she seemed to be doing a pretty good job of balancing school and taking care of Miah.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    You know, sometimes I think health classes spend way too much time talking about the mechanics of sex and not nearly enough about the emotions of relationships and what the danger signs are of someone who really isn't treating you like he/she cares about you. Teenagers of both genders, though young women in particular, seem far too ready to "settle" and take all kinds of things they shouldn't, including emotional and physical abuse, in order to be in a relationship. That's just dangerous for everyone involved, especially any babies that result from such relationships.

I didn't see all of last week's episode, but I couldn't believe that joke of a baby daddy told that poor young woman pregnant with twins that it wasn't that he couldn't afford condoms but that it was "embarrassing" to buy them. She responded that it was "embarrassing" to walk around with a big belly too. I wouldn't have been that calm myself. But then again, if some guy had told me he couldn't afford a condom, then I would have told him I couldn't "afford" to have sex with him, because STDs and pregnancies are far more costly than condoms.

AMEN...you know I have a son that is 22 one that is 16 and a daughter that is almost 15 and I have preached sex and drugs every week of their lives to they get to the point of telling me we know mom we know..how many times are you gonna say it..lol...but I have told them if buying a codom is too embarrassing..let me know I am not at all embarrased to go buy them..I would rather buy condoms than meds for some STD or diapers for a baby

as far as the girls who let the guys treat them the way the do...yes the school should focus more on that but I think some of that has to come from home....at a school dance in the 6th grade some guy tried some of that bully stuff with my daughter and she smacked him..lol..broke her wrist in the process but it got the message across you either treat her with the respect she deserves or you leave her alone..lol..just like her mother..

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80 View Post
    I know what you mean about the smart ones getting pregnant. Book smart but no common sense maybe? At least Jamie seemed to be a good and responsible mother and she's very lucky her high school had free daycare so she didn't have to drop out or struggle to get her GED like we've seen some of these other girls do.
    As far as the baby daddy; it's too bad her birthing experience was ruined by her upset that he wasn't there. And I think he should be able to see his baby, but at her house, not at his house alone. A 17 year old boy is not going to be responsible especially if he was already drinking and driving crazy.
    And I wondered about the birth certificate. They said his name was not on it and he had no legal rights. Does that mean he doesn't have to pay child support?

I was just re watching Chelsa's 16 and pregnant episode and I didn't realize she went to a lawyer to get Aubree's last name changed but she did and Adam as we all know is still responsible for child support..we have heard enough about it on Teen Mom 2 but I don't know if that applies to all cases..I would think it would be determined by the state they live in, but I would think the guy would still be responsible for child support no matter what the name is

OK, after saying I wasn't going to watch this season, I watched them on reruns.

Seems like out of all the girls they've ever had on 16 & Pregnant, this is the first girl who didn't succumb to the boyfriend's tears, mind games, etc. She had enough backbone to cut him out of her life, but also realized that even though she wants him out of her life, she is willing to work with the court on visitation for their daughter. I thought she showed a lot of maturity.

I couldn't believe that crock of crap he tried to pull on her when he finally showed up at the hospital. Good for her for not buying it. I don't know that she should have even allowed him to stay, since he was either drunk, high, or both. But I thought it was great that she kicked him out after the birth, lol.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast