+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.26 Show discussion Jennifer **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: 4.26 Show discussion Jennifer **SPOILERS**

This show had me yelling at the television!

I feel that it was her parents that caused many of the problems between these 2 kids!

They didn't like Josh because he was too old for their daughter, who was clearly immature, they felt he was disrespectful...so were they.

The whole engagement thing, just because they get engaged, doesn't mean they have to start planning a wedding tomorrow......

And don't get me started on the babies having his last name.......He WAS there for her, or at least he appeared to be from what I watched!

He would get mad and be disrespectful when they got their daughter to question things or be wishy-washy about her relationship.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juless View Post
    This show had me yelling at the television!

I feel that it was her parents that caused many of the problems between these 2 kids!

They didn't like Josh because he was too old for their daughter, who was clearly immature, they felt he was disrespectful...so were they.

The whole engagement thing, just because they get engaged, doesn't mean they have to start planning a wedding tomorrow......

And don't get me started on the babies having his last name.......He WAS there for her, or at least he appeared to be from what I watched!

He would get mad and be disrespectful when they got their daughter to question things or be wishy-washy about her relationship.

It was not her parents who threw her out of the car and left her along the side of the road. It was not her parents who called her a bunch of derogatory names and pushed her. That was Josh. I liked him throughout most of the episode, but the car scene was disgusting.
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU View Post
    It was not her parents who threw her out of the car and left her along the side of the road. It was not her parents who called her a bunch of derogatory names and pushed her. That was Josh. I liked him throughout most of the episode, but the car scene was disgusting.
    I agree, the car scene was disgusting, BUT she was on the phone with her mom and her mom asked if she was ok....I believe it was the phone call that set him off...
    She knew it was her mom, she knows they don't get along, Why'd she answer?
    I am not condoning what he did, But I don't think he is entirely to blame.

FORT Regular

If my 16 yr old that I am responsible for, paying her cell phone bill, and providing a roof over her head decided that she/he didn't need to answer my phone call because they are with their boy/girlfriend, I would have a very BIG problem with that. I could care less about them being with their boy/girlfriend. If they feel that they can't answer my calls because of that, then they might need to see if their boy/girlfriend can support them. He was disrespectful for even telling her not to talk to her mom.

I don't usually watch the show and I just happened to catch this episode on television today. But all I can say about Josh is OHMYGOD. You think spending time with the babies at the hospital is "being there for them"? Hardly. I mean, he did seem to be making an effort, but he seemed so inconsiderate and selfish. Who was waking up in the middle of the night, making bottles, changing diapers, and rocking the babies to sleep? Not Josh. All he cared about was how much he couldn't stand Jennifer's parents, and not the well-being of their children. I wanted to throw something at the TV when I saw him pick her up around the stomach only a week after her surgery. He clearly has anger issues. When he was ordering her to hang up the phone all I could think was: controlling much! Regardless if this girl is an "attention whore" or whatever, she doesn't deserve to be treated the way Josh was treating her. It makes my skin crawl.

As far as the parents are concerned, they may be strict, but obviously they care very much for their daughter. They only want the best for her and the twins. They were there for her after she came home from the hospital and Josh wasn't. Man this whole episode just made me mad.

FORT Regular

Her parents are absolutely controlling. They didn't like him from the start, and they are slowly chipping away at their daughter to feel the same. It worked too! They never game him a chance, putting up hard and fast rules that he can't be with them considering he's the father! His parents were alot more reasonable in this regard.

You can see her parents have *major* control issues, and it wasn't Josh to blame for their not getting along. He has tried to do things on their terms, but legally he has a right to be just as much a father in those children's lives as the mother. It's not the mother's family who should have sole responsibility of the twins. Josh has a legal right to have them too, if he goes for custody. I wonder if his parents will help out?

The personal hate the parents have for Josh is just sick. They are not even willing to make peace with him, and realize that he WILL be part of the children's lives, whether they like it or not, so give up the attitude and give him a chance!

FORT Regular

Personally I feel the parents are jealous that they're not the ones having the babies. They're probably still young enough to add to their family, if they wanted to. Totally resentful, control-freak, angry parents. They don't want to see their daughter happy. THEY want to see themselves happy. They didn't even want to throw her a baby shower. How resentful and immature is that?
    Last edited by freefragrance; 05-05-2011 at 03:43 AM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by freefragrance View Post
    Her parents are absolutely controlling. They didn't like him from the start, and they are slowly chipping away at their daughter to feel the same. It worked too! They never game him a chance, putting up hard and fast rules that he can't be with them considering he's the father! His parents were alot more reasonable in this regard.

You can see her parents have *major* control issues, and it wasn't Josh to blame for their not getting along. He has tried to do things on their terms, but legally he has a right to be just as much a father in those children's lives as the mother. It's not the mother's family who should have sole responsibility of the twins. Josh has a legal right to have them too, if he goes for custody. I wonder if his parents will help out?

The personal hate the parents have for Josh is just sick. They are not even willing to make peace with him, and realize that he WILL be part of the children's lives, whether they like it or not, so give up the attitude and give him a chance!
    How do we know that her prents didn't give Josh a chance when they first started and from all of his previous actions makes them not like him. We are just seeing the times since she got pregnant, we don't know the relationship before that time. Because I liked my son's girlfriend in the beginning before I knew anything about her, but when I got to know her, that's when I stopped liking her.

This episode is probably the worst I've ever seen...so many reasons to list. Plus, I was bored the whole time...how does that make any sense? LOL

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by freefragrance View Post

I agree 100% !!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast