+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4/19 show discussion Jordan **SPOILERS**

4/19 show discussion Jordan **SPOILERS**

A pregnant teen is caught in the middle of a battle between her boyfriend and her sister who fight for her attention..

I haven't been able to find and capture a pic of Jordan yet but I do know the sister is a twin

This is the season 3 opener
    Last edited by waywyrd; 04-20-2011 at 05:20 AM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Re: 4/18 show discussion Jordon **SPOILERS**

well looks like the identical twins

can I rant for just one sec...this is the 3rd season of this show...aren't these young ladies learning anything about birth control....I just don't understand at first this show showed just how hard it really is...and it still does to some extent but I am starting to wonder if girls are trying to get pregnant hoping to be on this show

birth control can't be that hard to get...gezzzzzzzzzz..okay off rant..since they are already pregnant its too late to preach about birth control anyhow

well seems to be that I am the only one watching..lol..but I forgot body of proof was on..so I only saw the first 7 or 8 minutes..will catch it on the re run at 11:30

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well looks like the identical twins

can I rant for just one sec...this is the 3rd season of this show...aren't these young ladies learning anything about birth control....I just don't understand at first this show showed just how hard it really is...and it still does to some extent but I am starting to wonder if girls are trying to get pregnant hoping to be on this show

birth control can't be that hard to get...gezzzzzzzzzz..okay off rant..since they are already pregnant its too late to preach about birth control anyhow
    I only saw a few minutes of the episode before switching over to Chopped, since I know MTV will rerun each episode a couple of hundred times anyway, but in the few minutes I saw, I heard Jordan say that she hadn't been on the pill long enough when they had sex and she got pregnant. She mentioned that she didn't know how long you had to be on the pill before it became effective.

It seems we hear that kind of story a lot--that the girls were using some kind of birth control, but they didn't understand how to use it effectively and so got pregnant anyway. Honestly, don't they pay attention when they're told how to use the birth control? They must have gotten it from someone who understood how it was used, even if they went to a free clinic. Can't they just pay attention when it's something this important?

Of course, I can also hear my late mother saying, "Don't they understand that birth control is the man's responsibility? Your father certainly did." It certainly would be the least complicated method for them to handle, since you only need to be using a condom when you are having sex, and it's the only method that would help prevent STDs as well. Yet even stupid Dr. Drew always asks the girls in the reunion shows what they're doing for birth control. How about asking the guys if they know how to use a condom, Dr. D?

I also thought it was inappropriate for Jordan's baby daddy to tell her he didn't want her sister in the delivery room. That may very well be true, but when it comes to the delivery, the person most involved--the mom-to-be--ought to be calling the shots. If it would make her feel better to have her sister there, when she's liable to be in pain and scared, then he should just bite the bullet and let her be there. It's not like it's going to be this private moment he thinks it's going to be anyway, as there will be plenty of medical personnel in the room too. I do think her sister's being a bit clingy, but at the same time, I also felt for her when Jordan and her grandmother decided he could move in, without so much as involving her in the conversation. I mean, she lives there too, which means she's going to have to live with him as well. I really think she would have handled it better if she hadn't had it sprung on her as a fait accompli.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of the episode before switching over to Chopped, since I know MTV will rerun each episode a couple of hundred times anyway, but in the few minutes I saw, I heard Jordan say that she hadn't been on the pill long enough when they had sex and she got pregnant. She mentioned that she didn't know how long you had to be on the pill before it became effective.

It seems we hear that kind of story a lot--that the girls were using some kind of birth control, but they didn't understand how to use it effectively and so got pregnant anyway. Honestly, don't they pay attention when they're told how to use the birth control? They must have gotten it from someone who understood how it was used, even if they went to a free clinic. Can't they just pay attention when it's something this important?

Of course, I can also hear my late mother saying, "Don't they understand that birth control is the man's responsibility? Your father certainly did." It certainly would be the least complicated method for them to handle, since you only need to be using a condom when you are having sex, and it's the only method that would help prevent STDs as well. Yet even stupid Dr. Drew always asks the girls in the reunion shows what they're doing for birth control. How about asking the guys if they know how to use a condom, Dr. D?

I also thought it was inappropriate for Jordan's baby daddy to tell her he didn't want her sister in the delivery room. That may very well be true, but when it comes to the delivery, the person most involved--the mom-to-be--ought to be calling the shots. If it would make her feel better to have her sister there, when she's liable to be in pain and scared, then he should just bite the bullet and let her be there. It's not like it's going to be this private moment he thinks it's going to be anyway, as there will be plenty of medical personnel in the room too. I do think her sister's being a bit clingy, but at the same time, I also felt for her when Jordan and her grandmother decided he could move in, without so much as involving her in the conversation. I mean, she lives there too, which means she's going to have to live with him as well. I really think she would have handled it better if she hadn't had it sprung on her as a fait accompli.
    I don't know about her doctor or her g/mother but when the dr gave them to my daughter she told her I know at least 5 times about when to start and how long they took to become effective and she was very stressful with it...it also didn't help that I preached the same thing about another 50 times..lol

she got really mad at both of us especially me since she is only 14 and is very adament that I have preached and preached enough about sex that she is not having it...but I guess call me a paranoid mother that just wants her child to be safe...I have also preached and preached about using codoms at the same time because there are things out there much worse than being pregnant...I know a week doesn't go by where I don't mention it and I know it drives her nuts cause every week I bring up sex and drugs but I want to make sure she understands and I am afraid if I don't say something or remind her all the time she will not make the right decisions when the time comes
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 04-19-2011 at 10:59 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I don't know about her doctor or her g/mother but when the dr gave them to my daughter she told her I know at least 5 times about when to start and how long they took to become effective and she was very stressful with it...it also didn't help that I preached the same thing about another 50 times..lol

she got really mad at both of us especially me since she is only 14 and is very adament that I have preached and preached enough about sex that she is not having it...but I guess call me a paranoid mother that just wants her child to be safe...I have also preached and preached about using codoms at the same time because there are things out there much worse than being pregnant...I know a week doesn't go by where I don't mention it and I know it drives her nuts cause every week I bring up sex and drugs but I want to make sure she understands and I am afraid if I don't say something or remind her all the time she will not make the right decisions when the time comes
    Quite a number of years ago, PBS aired a documentary called Moms near Mother's Day that was wonderful. Parts of it were sort of sad, but other parts were laugh aloud funny. The section on explaining sex to your children was hysterical. I'll never forget one little old lady who was interviewed saying, "I always told my sons they should never go out without making sure they had an overcoat with them--and they knew exactly what I meant."

her twin is really having a hard time with this feeling like she is being left out...I can't imagine what it would be like to be that close to someone and then you can't be anymore

I am wondering if the baby has pyloric stensois and hasn't been diagonsed yet..it usually starts out with them saying the child has serious reflux

I had two that had that had it and it is usually most common in first born boys but I made some medical journal somewhere as having a first born boy with it and then a third born girl with it and it isn't supposed to happen to girls..

but he is having all the signs but they are also the signs of reflux too..will just have to wait and see

I am glad it turned out to be only reflux but some of those special formulas can cost a small fortune

on another note I like Brian...looks like we have another dad that really cares which is always good to see
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 04-20-2011 at 12:29 AM.

FORT Fan

You know...I kinda hate to say it, but I think the birth control should be the girl's responsibility. After all, most of the time it's the woman that ends up raising the child alone if one parent decides to skip out, and most guys are going to argue against wearing a condom. So these girls really need to be vigilant in obtaining bc and using it correctly if they don't want to end up a single parent.

Haven't seen all of this episode, but it is nice to see the guy stepping up.

FORT Fogey

I did like that the dad was in he picture. He really needs to stop prying Jordon from her sister though. Isn't this the way most controlling relationships begin? To move in to the twins' home, spend all his time with Jordon, and then suggest that he should be the only one allowed in the delivery room is asking way too much. I am glad he had to give in in the end. It must be hard to have a twin sister ripped away like that.

Re: 4/19 show discussion Jordon **SPOILERS**

I'm actually on Brian's side with asking to be the only support person. I think he had every right to ask, because I view delivery the same way. It's a very intimate thing, two parents welcoming their baby into the world, the very first time they meet their child and sharing that beautiful time with the only other person in the world as physically and emotionally invested in the process. Him wanting to be the only one there is him expressing desire to provide all the support she needs during delivery, and her having someone else there is rejecting that and saying he can't meet all of her needs. It was just never even a question for me. My husband was the only person I even dreamed of wanting in that room with me.

Now, having said that, an identical twin relationship is a very unique thing, a much closer bond than other sister relationships. And the relationship between Jordon and Brian was very new before she got pregnant. Brian was asking for and offering a pretty huge thing, and she just may not have been ready yet. There's a lot of growing pains in the whole situation, between Jordan and Brian, Jordan and her twin, and all of them and the baby.

I got a little miffed at the twin sister saying "some day [Brian] will have a nephew and he'll understand," though I get that it was tongue in cheek.
    _(Moo!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast