+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4/19 show discussion Jordan **SPOILERS**

Re: 4/19 show discussion Jordon **SPOILERS**

WHY O WHY did they not take poor little Noah back to the MD after like a week of his continued crying. SIX WEEKS later they take him???? Don't new moms go back for a new baby check up within the first few weeks they only took him THEN because of the continued crying ODD that Noah had no follow up appt.

It is sad for Jordon's sister they are so close and now she is so busy with her new baby and her bf and trying to get her GED not to mention basically having NO SLEEP.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG View Post
    I'm actually on Brian's side with asking to be the only support person. I think he had every right to ask, because I view delivery the same way. It's a very intimate thing, two parents welcoming their baby into the world, the very first time they meet their child and sharing that beautiful time with the only other person in the world as physically and emotionally invested in the process. Him wanting to be the only one there is him expressing desire to provide all the support she needs during delivery, and her having someone else there is rejecting that and saying he can't meet all of her needs. It was just never even a question for me. My husband was the only person I even dreamed of wanting in that room with me.

Now, having said that, an identical twin relationship is a very unique thing, a much closer bond than other sister relationships. And the relationship between Jordon and Brian was very new before she got pregnant. Brian was asking for and offering a pretty huge thing, and she just may not have been ready yet. There's a lot of growing pains in the whole situation, between Jordan and Brian, Jordan and her twin, and all of them and the baby.

I got a little miffed at the twin sister saying "some day [Brian] will have a nephew and he'll understand," though I get that it was tongue in
    cheek.
    I don't actually have a problem with Brian asking to be the only one with her in the delivery room (though, of course, he wouldn't be), but once she said, no, she wanted her sister or grandmother or whoever in the room, then I think he should have accepted that, because she's the one who need to be the one whose needs are met first, as she's the one delivering the baby.

Re: 4/18 show discussion Jordon **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev View Post
    You know...I kinda hate to say it, but I think the birth control should be the girl's responsibility. After all, most of the time it's the woman that ends up raising the child alone if one parent decides to skip out, and most guys are going to argue against wearing a condom. So these girls really need to be vigilant in obtaining bc and using it correctly if they don't want to end up a single parent.

Haven't seen all of this episode, but it is nice to see the guy stepping up.
    Good points, but as a mom of 2 boys, when the time comes, I will stress the importance of condom use, not just for prevention of pregnancy, but also to be disease free.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Good points, but as a mom of 2 boys, when the time comes, I will stress the importance of condom use, not just for prevention of pregnancy, but also to be disease free.
    And that's a very important point. There are even scarier things out there than an unplanned pregnancy that need to be prevented that can't be prevented by the pill, an IUD, or a diaphragm. In addition, though I'm not suggesting your sons would do this, a guy can walk away from a pregnancy and leave the girl to deal with it, but he cannot just walk away from an STD. A condom protects everybody involved.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferboston1 View Post
    Thank you, you are absolutely right. I was thinking JUST in terms of birth control when I wrote my post, but it is absolutely important to note that condoms protect from disease, and it's great to hear that you'll be stressing that with your kids.

I do stand behind my point that the girl really needs to be proactive when it comes to birth control, especially with more and more people choosing the pill or a monthly shot. They need to be sure when their chosen method becomes effective (example, Jordan not knowing that you have to take the pill for a certain amount of time before it starts to work) and if anything can affect how it works (such as if you are on antibiotics). AND the girl should carry condoms herself as a second line of protection against birth control and disease.

I'm not sure why, but it seems like a lot of girls in the age group they're showing on tv think that only a guy should carry condoms. I certainly never had that problem. Until I was in a monogomous relationship, I used the pill and the condom both, and always had several in my purse at any given time. And a girl carrying a condom is a good idea if the guy 'accidently' doesn't have one on him-certainly a lot of the guys on this show try to make the argument that they don't want to wear condoms because they don't feel good.

Guys SHOULD understand that they always needs to wear condoms and should always have one with them. But given it usually ends up with the teenage girl parenting alone and that methods such as the pill and the shot have nothing to do with the guy, the girl really needs to be making sure that she is using bc correctly and regularly, AND insisting on a condom as well.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG View Post
    I'm actually on Brian's side with asking to be the only support person. I think he had every right to ask, because I view delivery the same way. It's a very intimate thing, two parents welcoming their baby into the world, the very first time they meet their child and sharing that beautiful time with the only other person in the world as physically and emotionally invested in the process. Him wanting to be the only one there is him expressing desire to provide all the support she needs during delivery, and her having someone else there is rejecting that and saying he can't meet all of her needs. It was just never even a question for me. My husband was the only person I even dreamed of wanting in that room with me.

Now, having said that, an identical twin relationship is a very unique thing, a much closer bond than other sister relationships. And the relationship between Jordon and Brian was very new before she got pregnant. Brian was asking for and offering a pretty huge thing, and she just may not have been ready yet. There's a lot of growing pains in the whole situation, between Jordan and Brian, Jordan and her twin, and all of them and the baby.

I got a little miffed at the twin sister saying "some day [Brian] will have a nephew and he'll understand," though I get that it was tongue in cheek.
    If the camera man can be in the room, then what is his point?
    I think he just wanted the twin out of the picture. He was trying to push her away. He should just be more patient because the twins were already growing apart without him trying to stick a wedge between them.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    If the camera man can be in the room, then what is his point?
    I think he just wanted the twin out of the picture. He was trying to push her away. He should just be more patient because the twins were already growing apart without him trying to stick a wedge between them.
    I don't think the cameraman counts. I think he would be considered in the same way as the hospital staff. Support people are personal, the rest of them are not. I don't see his request as malicious, at all.
    _(Moo!)

I was debating if I want to watch this show anymore, because it's so frustrating & pretty much the same story over & over. I recorded it, & I got through 20 - 25 minutes of it, & didn't finish watching. I just don't care anymore to watch it. I'll still watch Teen Mom 1 & 2, but I think I'm done with 16 & Pregnant.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    WHY O WHY did they not take poor little Noah back to the MD after like a week of his continued crying. SIX WEEKS later they take him???? Don't new moms go back for a new baby check up within the first few weeks they only took him THEN because of the continued crying ODD that Noah had no follow up appt.
    I watched last night for the first time. (I had recorded.) When the baby kept crying I thought he was in pain and was saying out loud, take the baby to the doctor, he's in pain. Why didn't the mother's grandmother suggest she do that much earlier? THat boggles my mind. I hope that doesn't happen again.

Sweet mother and dad, but much ahead for them. I mean, the girl got pregnant because of pill issue. Why try that route again? I can see her getting pregnant again very easily. How will she get her GED with two babies. I'm glad the dad is working on college. That is very smart.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12